For College Students
Schoenstatt Pilgrim Mother for College Students
Among the different apostolates of the Schoenstatt Movement we find the Schoenstatt Pilgrim Mother. It is an outreach opportunity to bring the image of Christ and Mary, as we find it in the Schoenstatt Shrines, into the lives and homes of those in need of God’s presence in their lives. This booklet will help you make this outreach possible among college students. The actual apostolate is very simple! If you are interested in ordering a booklet click on the image.
For the Missionary:
- Find no less than 3 and not more than 15 people who are willing to receive the image of Mary at least once a week or every few days.
- Read a little about the Schoenstatt Shrine and the Schoenstatt Movement in the literature provided or on the internet: schoenstattrosarycampaign.com, schoenstatt.de, etc.
- Settle on the days and times when you will rotate the image among your friends.
- Ask those who are going to receive the image to prepare a place of honor for the Mother of God and her Son.
For Those Who Receive Her:
- Once she has come in, entrust to her any worries and anxieties. Provide paper and pencil.
- Trust in her intercessory power and keep a prayerful atmosphere near the image.
- Be mindful of the language used and pictures displayed when the image is in the dorm or apartment. Honor her presence!
- Encourage those who receive her to pray the Rosary and reflect on how the story of Christ and Mary touches their personal lives.
- At the end, thank her for any special blessings received. Present her back with reverence!
- Contact the young missionary who coordinated the visit and pass the image on to the next person.
- It is nice to have a small notebook travel along with the image. It will give everyone the opportunity to silently share any testimony.
- When preparing a place of honor make sure you clean up around the area where you will place her and provide either a flower, a light, a photo of a loved one, or at least try to place by the picture things that are meaningful and related to her visit.
Biblical Texts for Meditation:
God’s Fatherly Love
1 Jn 4:16
1 Jn 4:18
1 Jn 4:10
Lk 11:8 -13
Lk 13: 34-35
Charity, Love of Neighbor, and Mercy
1 Jn 2:10-11
1 Jn 4:19-21
1 Jn 4:11-12
1 Thes 3:12-13
Childlikeness, Trust, and Abandonment
Faith in Divine Providence
1 Tm 6:17-19
2 Cor 9:6-10
1 Thes 5:4-9
Presence of Mary